Missy Elliott - Sock It 2 Me (featuring Da Brat)
Oooh Ahh, sock it to me like yaa…
- The Bell Jar by Slyvia Plath - about depression/self discovery/journey
- I Want Candy by Kim Wong Keltner - about devaluing yourself/ glorying another human being, a coming of age story
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom - about appreciating life while you have it
- The Passing by Nella Larsen - about the dangers of hiding your true self.
- When I Was Puteror Rican by Esmeralda Santiago - about remembering where you came from
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - about who you are without materialism and status/ the hollowness of superficiality
- The Virgin Suicides by Jeffery Eudgines - about the romanticizing the past/death and glorifying other human beings/ obsession
- Lord of The Flies by William Golding - about how people’s true colors show under stressful circumstances
- Catching of the Rye by. J.D. Salinger - about pretentiousness of the world and painful realities of growing up
there’s others but they’re not coming to mind right now.
Ok Dr. Phil’s wife, Robin, (yes groan, but listen up) has this new app out (iPhone and Android) that’s for people in abusive relationships. It’s called Aspire News and it’s disguised as a regular news app, but when you go to the “Help” section of the app, it leads you to…
In the opening line of the relatively straightforward, boom-bap interlude of M.I.A.’s newly released album, “Boom Skit”, Maya Arulpragasam spits, “Brown girl, brown girl, turn your shit down, you know our America don’t wanna hear your sound, boom boom, jungle music, go back to India…” While…
Read this. Listen to Matangi. You’re welcome.
If you want to fuck up your pretty years on a guy, go ahead. Dont Come crying for me and looking for meaningful quotes when he dumps your ass.